Building Green Using Structural Insulated Panels for Energy Efficient ConstructionGet a Quote
What is Building Green?
also known as sustainable or high performance building – is the practice of:
1. Increasing the efficiency with which buildings and their sites use and harvest energy, water, and materials; and
2. Protecting the building life-cycle: siting, design, construction, operation, maintenance, renovation, and deconstruction.
What makes a building ‘Green’?
A green building is a structure that is environmentally responsible and resource-efficient throughout its life-cycle. These objectives expand and complement the classical building design concerns of economy, utility, durability, and comfort.
Green buildings are designed to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on human health and the natural environment by:
1. Efficiently using energy, water, and other resources
2. Protecting occupant health and improving employee productivity
3. Reducing waste, pollution, and environment degradation
Components of Building Green
1. Energy Efficient and Renewable Energy
2. Water Efficiency
3. Environmental Preferable BUilding Materials and Specifications
4. Waste Reduction
5. Toxics Reduction
6. Indoor Air Quality
7. Smart Growth and Sustainable Development
Are SIPs Green?